Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bowl and Pitcher Hike

Well, summer has finally hit Spokane, WA. We have been waiting quite some time for the rain and gloom of spring to leave and I believe that the sun is here to stay... maybe... So, with the warm weather my wife and I decided to get in the car and drive about three miles from our house to Riverside State Park's Bowl and Pitcher. The hike follows the Spokane River and will eventually lead you to the Centennial Trail. All in all it was a great hike and it was just nice to spend some time in the sun!

Here is a photo I took with my phone from the top of one of the rocks:

2 comments:

  1. Chris~
    What a wonderful picture! I,too, agree that summer feels like it has been a long time coming this year and it feels great to finally get out and enjoy it! Since we enjoy boating, we have some friends who live in Spokane and are going to meet them in the Spokane/Coeur d'alene area for hopefully some boating fun. Looking forward to hearing more about your family summer adventures! Kacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    Great pictures and links! And, this is 3 miles from your house? How nice! I have always lived in New England and at times forget that other parts of the country are just as beautiful as New England. Sounds like your spring was wet. We had a beautiful spring and now the summer heat has set in. I am looking forward to hearing about your other adventures.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete