Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Priest Lake Trip

This past weekend my wife and I took a little weekend get-away with some of our good friends. We went to Priest Lake, Idaho which is located in the upper pan-handle of Idaho. My friend's grandparents have a cabin and were generous enough to have us as guests for the weekend. On Saturday, the guys went and played golf at Priest Lake Golf Club. We had great weather and even played decent golf. It is an absolutely beautiful course and pretty challenging as well. While the guys played golf the wives went out on the boat. They trolled around and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Saturday night consisted of a wonderful bar-b-q followed by evening entertainment at a local bar and restaurant called Elkins. On Sunday we watched the World Cup finals at the same bar. I was rooting for the Netherlands because I was fortunate enough to live in Amsterdam for 6 months after finishing college. After the game we decided to troll around on the boat before we made our way back home. It was a great weekend and I can't wait to get back up to the lake! Below are a few photos I took with my phone.

This is a photo of the lake taken from the boat:


This is a photo of the golf course:



6 comments:

  1. Chris, it sounds like you had a great weekend trip. Just curious, how many states have you visited? I am also impressed with the quality of the pictures taken from your phone! Do you do anything to the pictures prior to posting them on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I have spent time in 18 states that I can recall. The furthest east would have to be Maine ahe the furthest west would be Hawaii. The photos are taken with my Motorolla Droid. It has a 5 mega-pixel camera so the images are pretty clear and crisp. I have not edited any of them beside a little crop here or there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris~
    I, too, am impressed by the quality of the pictures on your blog from your cell phone. Priest Lake looks like a beautiful lake to boat on..out of curiosity how far of a trip is it from you in Spokane?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kacey,

    Priest Lake is about and hour and a half from Spokane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chris,

    What kind of boat were you out and about on? Beautiful pictures-it is great to see pictures of a part of the country I have never visited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is my buddies boat. It is a Correct Craft Air Nautique

    ReplyDelete